8/13 UPDATE: We've just followed up v96 with v97, including a few more fixes and tweaks:
- Reaper: Slightly reduced Scythe melee damage
- Duelist: Further adjusted rapier reload properties to reduce stab spam
- Knight: Slightly reduced minimum required pullback distance to allow for more consistent-feeling reloads
- Crusader: Very slightly increased flail melee damage
- Adjusted matchmaking constraints to make it easier for high-ranked players to find casual matches
- Fixed minor issues affecting the spectator client.
We've just sent out a new Preview Test Build for a new minor update! As always, if you want to help us test it, please join the Discord and see the #preview-test-build channel.
We've got two fancy new features to share. One of them is an expansion of our PC spectator client: you can now spectate your public multiplayer matches, which should be great for streaming your matches on Twitch!
We're also introducing a way to show off in-game: the Community GIF Theater. You can now watch select GIFs created by the Ironlights community while you're waiting for multiplayer matches (or from the main menu, if you just wanna sit back and binge them all)!
We hope to expand the selection of GIFs, so please send us links to your favorites!
Here's the full changelog:
Adjusted scythe "reload" settings to require you to pull back slightly further
Increased speed of ranged attack projectiles
Decreased energy cost of ranged attack
Lengthened the "shield bar" (but did not increase total shield health)
Adjusted prices of cosmetics
Improved analytics to assist with future balance adjustments
Underlined text entry fields (e.g. private tag text) to show whitespace characters
Reduced resolution of recorded GIF videos to allow for faster upload / encoding
Added message to GIF recording process to let you know when it's safe to leave the replay menu (i.e. you can leave during the encoding step)
Fixed bug in which weapons sometimes didn't get properly restored when seeking through a replay.